In all their stunning beauty, the roses hide an underlying truth in their beautiful flowers. Their scent can be beautiful, mysterious romantic, and even awe-inspiring. There are no two people who are able to experience their scent-like manner, a distinction that's not due only to our own personal tastes, however, but also to the genetic makeup and the changing conditions of the roses. It's good to know that knowing the secrets of their scent doesn't diminish their charm in any way, it will only make them more distinctive.
Find out how to unlock the mysteries in the fragrance of a rose:
- When a rose is open, the scent differs from that of the rose in the buds. The chemical compounds that produce the scent change with the buds open.
- Warm, humid weather increases the scent.
- The scent of roses is most intense in the early morning. It is believed that the fragrance diminishes as the roses get older.
- Even roses from the same species do not smell the same The scent of roses isn't always easy to predict. The breeder of roses David Austin says, "We never quite know what we are going to get," even though his business is working on roses for over 50 years.
- The perfumer Robert Calkin, who retired from Yardley after a successful 40-year career in the business and has been working in conjunction with David Austin Roses for a lengthy time, helping to define and assess the scents in new varieties. Calkin goes to the trials to evaluate plants that might eventually be made available to the market for sale.
- Every person's nose is unique, or rather every person's perception of scent is unique. Certain people have a very weak sense of smell. It's perfectly fine for you to just love roses because of their beauty and color.
- Roses are a symbol of romance and love. The essential oil of rose also known as attar comes by combining roses, which are the Damask Rose ( Rosa damascene) or the Cabbage Rose ( Rosa centifolia). Due to the fact that the oil is dense, it's often diluted before it is used commercially.
- The petals of a rose contain perfume, however certain stamens smell like cloves or musk.
- The scent of roses is believed to be relaxing and rejuvenating as it makes us take a deep breath and breathe slowly.
- It will take at least 8 years for every David Austin English Rose seedling to gain acceptance for its scent which is why it's available for sale as a fresh variation.
- Rose oil is among the highest-priced of oils. It is composed of 300 ingredients. None of them have been identified as of yet.
- Like wines of the highest quality, are affected by various aspects, including the soil that the plants are planted in as well as the amount of rainfall they experience, as well as the altitude at which they are grown.
- It takes between 50 and 60,000 rose petals that are picked by hand to create 1 ounce best rose attar.
- The scent of a rose grows more intense when a storm comes in.
- Learn about the fragrance of the roses when you compare their scents to one another. Take a sniff and write down the scent; is it sweet, fruity, or spicy? Do not overdo it and your nose may be exhausted. Do it again or as perfumers do and breathe deeply through a woolen swatch or chew some bread that is dry, to refresh your sense of smell.